The other day I upgraded Xorg on my Gentoo Box (Kernel 2.6.30) and then my Firefox became incredibly slow when I tried to look at some flash pages or open Gmail. I heckled around and found the solution: The Graphic Media Accelerator from Intel should be labeled “Intel” in our xorg.conf file and not “i810”. Since I changed that, everything runs smooth except that driconf still gives me an error [but I do not mind that because my Firefox is a lot faster now]. For Gentoo-Users also do not forget to set ‘VIDEO_CARDS=”intel”‘ in your /etc/make.conf. Also make sure you got all the Xorg modules compiled correctly [and the latest version thereof].